Tuesday 28 April 2009

Trophy Scars - Bad Luck (2009)

Genre: Post-Hardcore/Experimental
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/trophyscars

With Trophy Scars' most recent effort they've created an album that incorporates sounds from all over the musical spectrum, combining typical post-hardcore along with a whole variety of other genres. Nearly every track fluidly incorporates piano as well as some tracks even making use of horns and strings, as well as a saxophone solo throughout the bridge of "Years So Much". Truth is, the only thing I really have against this album are the vocals. At some points they begin to grate on me, particularly when the vocalist decides to sing in a very gravelly fashion, it just strikes me as out of place. But apart from the vocals I really enjoy listening to this, although I can't imagine how they manage to pull it off live with all the extra instruments.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment