Thursday 2 July 2009

Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo (2004)

Genre: Screamo/Hardcore/Experimental
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/circletakesthesquare

Circle Takes The Square. Need I really say any more? Delivering a frenzied assault of emotive hardcore, centered primarily around the dual vocals of vocalists, Drew and Kathy, As The Roots Undo is a classic screamo album, and ultimately one of my favourite albums of all time. The songwriting is incredible, the lyrics are deep and meaningful and every single song just drips with emotion. Instrumentally the album rules too, with awesome drumming and guitarwork, transitioning from slow melodic sections to a frenzied mess of aggression and managing to make it all so damn beautiful. Listen to this right now and prepare to both be lulled by the beauty and have your face torn off at the same time. This shit rules.

I know it's all been done before, I wanna do it again! I wanna do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment