Tuesday 2 June 2009

Sides Of The North - The Incurable Romantic (2005)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Genre: Rock/Indie/Ambient
Myspace: myspace.com/sidesofthenorth

Sides Of The North is a band that I listen to that differs from my usual tunage. They are a bit more alternative/mainstream sounding. Even though no one has really heard of them. Don't let the word "mainstream" scare you please, the sound these guys produce is magic. What really makes this cd what it is, is the vocals. They are not Dallas Green league, but the style of the vocals is beautiful. I thought they could do a bit more with the music, but what the music lacks, the vocals make up for. I know I'm really bad at constantly comparing bands with a group of other bands, but it's what I do, and it helps people out. I would say SOTN is a mix of Cool Hand Luke vocals and music, Deftones guitar and music style, and Scarlet vocal style. Sounds interesting right? It's worth the download. Also, make sure to check out tracks, "The Incurable", "The Up And Up", and "Slowly And Sometimes Never". Enjoy :)

Curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment