Saturday 13 June 2009

Yndi Halda - Enjoy Eternal Bliss (2006)

Genre: Post-Rock/Instrumental
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/yndihalda

Probably one of the most beautiful records I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, Enjoy Eternal Bliss is just an awe-inspiring album of post-rock awesomeness with extra violin to boot. I find this really mesmerising to listen to and will probably have great difficulty doing this any justice with my description. Unlike most post-rock Yndi Halda take a much happier and just generally blissful approach to the genre, using a lot of violin and the like to build up to just plain beautiful crescendoes that are simply wonderful to listen to. I'm not going to spoil anything but the end of the first track "Dash and Blast" is just amazing, seriously, it makes me want to laugh, cry and sing all at the same time whenever I hear it, it's just that good. This really holds true for most of the album and I really can't wait to see what these guys put out in the future, which hopefully should be soon since they're recording at the moment. Awesome.

Part One.
Part Two.

1 comment: